Zenith Bank Plc a commercial bank which was established in May 1990 by Jim Ovia, the bank commenced operations in July of the same year. The Bank rose to become a public limited company on June 17, 2004 and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on October 21, 2004 following a highly successful Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Zenith Bank Plc currently has a shareholder base of a little over one million and is Nigeria’s largest bank by tier-1 capital. In 2013, the Bank listed $850 million worth of its shares at $6.80 each on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
With its Headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria, Zenith Bank Plc has over 500 branches and business offices in key commercial centres in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
In March 2007, Zenith Bank was licensed by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of the United Kingdom to establish Zenith Bank (UK) Limited as the United Kingdom branch of Zenith Bank Plc. Zenith Bank also has branches in: Ghana, Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited; Sierra Leone, Zenith Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited; Gambia, Zenith Bank (Gambia) Limited.
The bank also has representative offices in South Africa and The People’s Republic of China. The Bank has plans to take the Zenith brand to other African countries as well as the European and Asian markets.
Zenith Bank Plc set the trail in digital banking service in Nigeria; scoring several firsts in the deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure to create innovative products and services that meet the needs of its numerous customers. The bank is undoubtedly a leader in the deployment of various channels of banking technology, and the Zenith brand has become significant with the deployment of state-of-the-art technologies in banking.
What is Zenith Bank Internet Banking Service?
The Zenith bank internet banking service provides a 24/7 platform for zenith bank customers to carry out their banking activities in a convenient and secured way. The Internet banking platform for zenith bank helps in reducing the stress associated with banking operations thereby increases productivity of the customers as well as the bank by using the best applicable practices.
Benefits of Zenith Bank Internet Banking Service
Zenith Bank online banking can be used for many banking operations that would normally be carried out in the banking hall of your nearest branch it.
Some of these includes:
– Fund transfer and bill payment.
– Check your account balance.
– Check your account statement.
– View and download your transaction history.
How to Register for Zenith Bank Internet Banking
Intending users of zenith bank internet banking services need to fill the Internet banking request form which can be gotten from any zenith bank branch or downloaded online from the banks website at https://www.zenithbank.com
After submitting the correctly filled form, you are given your zenith bank internet banking Access code, username, password and a token which cost N1500. This money is just for the token and the only money you would pay for the use of the online banking platform except of course the fund transfer charge of N100 when you transfer money to other banks. Follow the below steps to learn how to activate your Internet banking account with zenith bank.
How to Activate Your Zenith Bank Internet Banking
- Visit the zenith bank secured internet banking portal on https://ibank.zenithbank.com/internetbanking/ and look out for the login area at right hand side of the page.
- Enter the Access code, username and password given to you by the bank and click on LOGIN.
- After logging in, you’re required to change the password to a new one before you can do anything on your account.
- After changing it, you can now login using the Access code, your username and the new password. Alternatively, you can login using your account number and and token code by ticking the token login check box at the top of the login area. You can only use the token login after changing your password.
- Since your account has been set up, take your time and familiarize yourself with the navigation of the Internet banking platform to better understand how the Zenith Bank Internet Banking portal works.