What is Internet Banking?
Internet banking (ibank) otherwise known as e-banking, online banking or virtual banking, is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a bank or other financial institution to perform a range of financial transactions through the financial institution’s website.
The online banking system will typically connect to or be part of the core banking system operated by a bank and is in contrast to branch banking which was the usual means by which customers accessed banking services.
To gain access to a financial institution’s internet banking facility, a customer with internet access would need to first open an account and register with the financial institution for the service then set up a password and other credentials required for customer verification.
The credentials for online banking in most cases is not the same as for mobile banking. Financial institutions now occasionally prepare customers numbers, whether or not customers have indicated an interest to access their online banking system.
The customer visits their financial institution’s secure website to access the online banking facility using the customer number and credentials required to access their dashboard.
The types of financial transactions which a customer can transact through online banking is determined by the financial institution, it usually includes accessing account balances, recent transactions, electronic bill payments and funds transfers between a customer’s or another’s bank accounts.
Most banks also enable a customer to download copies of bank statements, which can be printed at the customers convenience. Some banks also allow customers to download transactions directly into the customer’s accounting software.
The service may also allow the customer to order a cheque book, statements, report loss of credit cards, stop payment on a cheque, report change of address and other routine actions.
Features of Internet Banking Services
Internet banking services have many features and capabilities in common, but also have some that are application specific.
The common features which they all share include:
1. A bank customer can perform non transactional tasks through online banking, which includes
- Access account balances
- View recent transactions
- Downloading bank statements
- Viewing pictures of paid cheques
- Order cheque books
- Download periodic account statements
- Download applications for M-banking, E-banking etc.
2. Bank customers can transact banking tasks through online banking, including –
- Funds transfers between the customer’s linked bank accounts.
- Paying third parties, including bill payments (e.g., Light Bill) and third party fund transfers.
- Investment purchase or sale.
- Loan applications and transactions, such as repayments of enrollments.
- Credit card applications.
- Register utility bill and make bill payments.
- Financial institution accessibility.
- Management of multiple users with varying levels of authority
- Transaction approval processing
- Some financial institutions offer special internet banking services, for example:
3. Personal financial management support system, such as importing data into personal accounting software. Some online banking platforms support account integration to allow the customers to monitor all of their numerous accounts in one place whether they are with their main bank or with another institutions.
Advantages of Internet Banking Service
Internet Banking has several advantages over the regular method which makes operating an account simple, easy and convenient.
It allows the customer conduct various transactions using the bank’s website and offers several advantages.
Some of the advantages of internet banking service are:
- Online account is simple to open and simple to operate.
- It is convenient as customers can easily pay bills, transfer funds between accounts, etc. No more having to stand in a queue to pay for bills; also you do not have to keep receipts of all your transactions and bills as you can now easily view your transactions via internet banking.
- It is available 24/7. You can perform your tasks from anywhere and at any time; even in the night when the bank is closed or on holidays. The only thing you need to have is an active internet connection and you are good to go.
- It is fast and efficient. Funds get transferred easily from one account to the other with ease. You can also manage several accounts easily through internet banking.
- Through Internet banking, you can keep an eye on your transactions and account balance all the time. This facility also keeps your account safe. This means that by the ease of monitoring your account at anytime, you can get to know about any fraudulent activity or threat to your account before it can pose your account to severe damage.
- It also acts as a medium for the banks to endorse their products and services. The services include loans, investment options, others.
Disadvantages of Internet Banking
Though there are many advantages of internet banking, but it also has its disadvantages and everything has its pros and cons; so also with internet banking. It also has some disadvantages which affects the service.
The disadvantages of online banking include the following:
- Understanding how to use internet banking might be difficult for a beginner at the first trial. Though there are some websites which offer a demo or tutorial on how to access online accounts, but not all banks offer this service. So, a person who is new, might face some difficulty when trying internet banking for the first time.
- You cannot have access to online banking if you don’t have an internet connection, and thus without internet access, the whole idea of internet banking will be useless because the service is entirely dependent on internet access.
- Security of transactions is a big issue. Your account information might easily get hacked by unauthorized persons over the internet.
- Account Password security is a must. Once you receiving your password, do change it and memorize it otherwise your account may be easily misused by someone who gets to know your password.
- You cannot use the service, in case, the bank’s server is down.
- Another downside is that sometimes it becomes difficult to note whether your transaction was successful or not. It may be due to the loss of internet connectivity in between, or due to a slow connection, or the bank’s server is temporarily down.
Internet Banking has definitely made the life easy for users by providing online access to various banking services and so the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
List of Major Banks in Nigeria that Offer Internet Banking
Access Bank Internet Banking
In the 27 years since its existence Access Bank Plc. has transformed from a small time Nigerian Bank into a world class multinational financial institution.
Today, Access Bank is among the top performing banks in Nigeria when we talk of assets, loans, deposits and branch network; which was made possible through a strong and long-term approach to client solutions – providing dedicated and innovative advice to meet customer service requirements.
Access Bank has maintained a strong and successful composure in terms of corporate banking, and is now applying that expertise to the personal and business banking platform which it acquired from Nigeria’s International Commercial bank in year 2012. Following this milestone, the Bank has worked to integrate the business, invest in the infrastructure and strengthen its product offering.
Access Bank Internet Banking Service:
The Access Bank Mobile Banking services allows you to perform all basic banking transactions from the convenience of your mobile devices anywhere anytime of the day with less stress. It is convenient, fast and secure.
The app is available for all Smartphone users (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) and their various Operating System including Java-enabled phones.
Access Bank Nigeria Plc operates two Mobile Banking Applications to suit customer needs and they are
Mobile Banking Classic
The Mobile Banking Classic service is available for all Java-enabled phones and Smartphones such as (iPhone, Android, Blackberry).
Benefits of the Access Bank Mobile Banking Classic.
The following transactions is only available on the Classic service. Without any more inclusion in terms of services that can be performed.
– Funds Transfer (Inter-Bank & Intra-Bank)
– Bills Payment
– Phone Airtime Purchase
– Balance Enquiry
– Mini Statement
How to get the Access Bank Mobile Banking Classic app
The Access Bank mobile banking app is available for download on all Java-enabled mobile phones.
To download, Simply send “D AM” to 20220 as an SMS in order to download and run the Mobile Banking application. For all smart phone users, Kindly visit the App store and search “Mobile Banking-Classic” to download. Depending on your type of mobile device and its Operating Systems.
Mobile Banking Premium
The Premium service of the Access Bank Plc is available on only Smartphones devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry).
Benefits Of Access Bank Mobile Banking Premium.
– You can perform transactions in higher volumes because this service provides Higher transaction limits : N200,000 per transaction and N2million daily
– You can confirm beneficiary name for Funds Transfers
– You can purchase your Airline ticket
– Carry out your Cheque Management
– Request, Confirmation and other cheque instructions
– Locate the nearest Branch and ATMs closest to you
– Airtime top-up to all mobile network
– Transfer Funds within Access Bank and to other Banks
– Bills Payment – DSTV, PHCN, LCC
How to Get the Access Bank Mobile Premium App
Visit any of the App stores based on your device and search with the keyword: “Access Bank Plc” download and install the App on your Mobile Device.
To login to the Access Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.accessbankplc.com/
Diamond Bank Internet Banking
Diamond Bank Plc started out as a private limited liability company on March 21, 1991 (the company was incorporated on December 20, 1990). Ten years later, it became a universal bank in February 2001.
In January 2005, following a highly successful Private Placement share offer which increased the Bank’s equity base, and Diamond Bank became a public limited company.
Diamond Bank Plc is Nigeria’s fastest growing retail bank. With the constant employment of innovation and current technology, Diamond Bank improves customer experiences by delivering quality financial service across all banking spectrum. The bank Offers a full range of banking products and services in retail, business and corporate banking segments.
Diamond Bank Internet Banking Service
Diamond bank Nigeria PLC operates one of the most sophisticated online banking platform in the Nigerian banking system.
With the Diamond bank online banking app customers of the bank can perform banking operations that they would normally perform in the banking hall right from their mobile phone all that’s required is a mobile internet and the diamond bank mobile app.
Benefits of Diamond Bank Internet Banking Service:
– Diamond bank online banking service allows you to operate your account for both local and international transactions, so long you are connected to the internet.
– With diamond bank online banking platform, you have 24/7 access to your bank account.
– Ability to instantly transfer money to any bank of choice within Nigeria.
– Pay bills to over 20 billing services such as Dstv, GoTV and Startimes.
– Purchase airtime from all mobile networks including MTN, Glo, Etisalat, and Airtel.
– Check bank account status and transactions in real time.
– Activate and Deactivate ATM card.
– access Account history.
– locate the nearest ATM or Diamond bank branch closest to you.
To login to the Diamond Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://diamondonline.diamondbank.com/
Ecobank Internet Banking
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in the year 1985 under a private sector initiative headed by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the entire support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
In the early 1980’s foreign and state-owned banks dominated the banking industry in West Africa. Commercial banks in West Africa owned and managed by the African private sector were very rare. Its founders formed ETI with the objective of filling this vacuum.
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce promoted and initiated a plan to create a private, regional banking institution in West Africa. In 1984, Ecopromotions S.A. was incorporated. Its founding shareholders raised seed capital for feasibility studies and the promotional activities leading to the creation of ETI.
In October 1985, ETI was incorporated with an authorised capital of US$100 million. The initial paid up capital of US$32 million was raised from over 1,500 individuals and institutions from West African countries. The largest shareholder being the ECOWAS Fund for Cooperation, Compensation and Development (ECOWAS Fund), the development finance arm of ECOWAS.
Ecobank Internet Banking Service
The Ecobank mobile banking service makes it possible for customers of Ecobank to have access to banking services right on the GO! No need to be in the banking hall, all that’s required is an internet connection.
If you operate an account with Ecobank Nigeria, you have access to a variety of convenient and easy banking services via your mobile phone (all models), as well as a Quick Recharge service.
Benefits Of Ecobank Internet Banking Service.
With Ecobank Internet banking, you can perform the following transactions:
– Send money
– Pay bills
– Buy airtime
– Check your account balances
– Make transfers and more
This makes banking transactions and procedures easy and stress free. If you are a costumer of Ecobank then the Ecobank Internet banking service is a must for convenient banking transactions.
If you want to pay for anything offline, then the Ecobank mobile banking service is the best way to do that.
To login to the Ecobank Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.ecobank.com/
FCMB Internet Banking
FCMB Group Plc’s dates back to 1977, with the formation of City Securities Limited (CSL), a stockbroking, issuing house and registrar business. CSL rapidly climbed the ranks of leading issuing houses and brokers between 1977 and 1982, handling the listings and initial public offers of many of the leading companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
First City Merchant Bank Limited was established in 1982 with capital from the success of CSL. It began operations as a licensed deposit and merchant bank on 11 August 1983 assuming the corporate finance and issuing house activities of its parent CSL and becoming the first Nigerian merchant bank to be established without any government or international support.
First City Merchant Bank Limited became a leading merchant bank in Nigeria, as measured by profitability, and, in 2000, the first and only merchant bank to achieve N1 billion profit. With the advent of universal banking in 2001, First City Merchant Bank Limited converted into a universal bank. It changed its name to First City Monument Bank Limited and commenced commercial banking activities, while its corporate finance activities were forged into a new subsidiary – FCMB Capital Markets Limited.
FCMB Internet Banking Service
You can send money to family, friends, colleagues and clients at the comfort of your home. you can skip queues in banks and go about your transaction with ease.
Yes, its possible simple and fast. With First City Monument Bank(FCMB) mobile banking application and online banking you can do all the above mentioned.
With FCMB mobile banking application and online banking you can transfer money to any bank of your choice, load airtime on your mobile phones, pay for other bills like NEPA bills, and Gotv bills etc.
How to get FCMB mobile banking application
Are you an android device user? If yes visit play store today to download FCMB mobile banking application.
If you are an i-phone user visit apple store to get the mobile application
Visit windows market place if you are using a windows phone.
How to register for FCMB online banking
To register for FCMB online banking it doesn’t require any application, just an internet enabled device.
To login or get started to the FCMB Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.fcmb.com/Individual-Banking.aspx
Fidelity Bank Internet Banking
Fidelity Bank Plc began its operations in 1988 as Fidelity Union Merchant Bank Limited. By 1990, it had distinguished itself as one of the fastest growing merchant bank in the country.
To leverage on the emerging opportunities in the commercial and consumer end of financial services in Nigeria, in 1999, it converted to commercial banking and changed its name to Fidelity Bank Plc. It became a universal bank in February 2001, with a license to offer the entire broad spectrum of commercial, consumer, corporate and investment banking services.
Fidelity Bank is ranked amongst the top 10 in the Nigerian banking industry, with presence in all the major cities and commercial centres of Nigeria. Over the years, the bank has been known for its integrity and professional service delivery. It is also respected for the quality and stability of its management. Fidelity staff are also respected and commended in the Nigerian banking industry for the quality of training they receive on the job, as well as in all the good business schools and institutions both in Nigeria and Overseas.
Fidelity Bank Internet Banking Service
Fidelity Bank Internet Banking is the online banking platform that you can use to access your bank and transact business 24/7 from anywhere in the world so long internet access is present.
You can access the internet banking platform from any internet enabled phone, laptop or PC.
Benefits of Fidelity Bank Internet Banking Service
Some of the things that you are allowed to do with your Fidelity Bank Internet Banking Platform include;
– accessing your account balance.
– accessing your bank statements.
– Transfer funds from one account to the other.
– Transfer funds from your account to other Fidelity Bank account holders.
– Transfer funds from your account to other banks.
– Airtime recharge and top-ups
– Payment of Utility Bills.
– Request for Cheque Book.
– Payment of taxes, custom duty and other government dues.
To login or get started to the Fidelity Internet Banking Platform visit https://online.fidelitybank.ng/#/login
First Bank Internet Banking
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FBN) is Nigeria’s premier and most valuable banking brand, and largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customers with active accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services.
The Bank has international presence and support through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank in the Republic of Congo, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea, Sierra-Leone and Senegal, as well as its Representative branches in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
Since its establishment in 1894, FirstBank has consistently built loyal relationships with its customers focusing on the fundamentals of good corporate governance, strong liquidity, optimized risk assessment and management and leadership. Over the years, the Bank has led the financing of private investment in infrastructure development in the Nigerian economy by playing important roles in the Federal Government’s privatisation and commercialisation schemes. With its global reach, FirstBank provides its prospective investors wishing to explore the vast business opportunities that are available in Nigeria, an internationally competitive world-class brand and a credible financial partner.
First Bank Internet Banking Service
All Banks are introducing easier ways for customers to use their services. Make payments for goods or services purchased, make cash withdrawals and transfer money at anytime.
With the First Bank Mobile Banking services you are able to send and receive money from your phone has been launched by Mobile Networks such as MTN and banks in Nigeria such as GTBank, UBA and now First Bank
First Bank Nigeria PLC Mobile Money service is called FIRSTMONIE which was recently launched.
What is FirstMonie?
Firstmonie is the Mobile Banking service by First Bank Plc which can be used to send and receive money, buy airtime and pay bills. All this can be done with the aid of a mobile phone without visiting your nearest bank branch.
Benefits Of FirstMonie:
– Access your account in real time.
– Check account balance in real time.
– Make transfers locally or internationally in real time.
– Convert foreign currency to local currency.
– Pay utility bills such as ( PHCN, Telecommunication, cable Tv.
– Request, stop and confirm cheques.
– Book airline tickets for flights .
To login or get started to the First Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com/FBN/Login.aspx
GTBank Internet Banking
Guarantee Trust Bank Plc is one of Africa’s largest and best performing financial institution with vast business knowledge and interests spanning West and East Africa, as well as in the United Kingdom. The Bank has an asset base of over 2.93 trillion, shareholders funds over 452 billion and with over 10,000 employees in Nigeria, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, and the United Kingdom.
Established in early 1990 on a solid business foundation of excellence, superior customer experience, ethics, and best practices, GT Bank has created a pace in the African banking industry in terms of providing customers with flexible banking methods and by delivering consistent and globally accepted corporate standards.
What is GT Bank Internet Banking Service?
The GT bank internet/mobile banking service is an online banking method which allows customers to perform transactions from anywhere in the world all that is required is an online mobile internet and the GT bank mobile banking App. This service allows you to perform all the transactions that you would normally perform at your nearest branch.
Benefits Of The GT Bank Internet Banking Service
The GT Bank Internet/Mobile banking App makes it possible for you to:
– Access your account in real time,
– Check account balance in real time,
– Make transfers locally or internationally in real time.
– Convert foreign currency to local currency and print a statement from the GT Bank internet banking platform.
– Pay utility bills such as ( PHCN, Telecommunication, cable Tv,
– Request, stop and confirm cheques.
– Book airline tickets for flights on the British Airways, Lufthansa German Airlines, Aviareps Afriqiyah Airways, Delta Airlines, and Alitalia Airlines.
To login or get started to the GT Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx
Skye Bank Internet Banking
Skye Bank Plc is a product of the merger of five legacy banks as a result of the banking industry consolidation and recapitalization exercise of 2005. The legacy banks were Prudent Bank Plc, EIB International Plc, Bond Bank Limited, Reliance Bank Limited and Co-operative Bank Plc.
Following the merger and the seamless integration of the disparate resources, personnel, IT infrastructure, culture and procedures, the bank has since grown into a formidable financial institution showing strong growth and profitability and providing unique financial solutions to a wide customer base both in Nigeria and in the three West African subsidiaries of Sierra Leone, Gambia and Guinea.
In 2014, in our continuous quest to provide better customer experience, Skye Bank won the bid to acquire the 100 per cent ownership stake of Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) in Mainstreet Bank Limited, a deal which made Skye Bank one of the top four banks in Nigeria.
Mainstreet Bank’s operations has since been integrated into the bank’s operations in one of the smoothest and hitch free integration process recorded in the Nigerian banking industry, enabling it to offer banking services to a wider segment of the Nigerian population and with significant positive impact on the bank’s balance sheet, financial performance and profitability.
Skye Bank is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) with over 450,000 diverse shareholders with a shareholding structure that puts no more than 5% in the control of any one individual or company.
Skye bank internet banking gives the customers of the bank to carry out banking transactions without stress and this helps improve on banking experience. In the event you are confused about how Skye Bank Internet banking works, this write up will provide some helpful hints to give you better understanding of it towards improving on your banking experience.
Skye Bank Internet Banking Service Registration process
The Skye Bank Internet banking is called Skye Plus+. You will have to register in order to benefit from this service. In order to register, visit www.skyebankng.com and look for the internet banking icon on the page. Then click on register.
A form will be presented to you next. Fill the form and make sure you provide correct information about your email address and mobile number. The email and phone number you provide here must be the same with which you opened your Skye Bank account.
You will also be asked to choose a password and a username. These are the credentials that you will need to log into your Skye Bank Internet banking platform. Make sure you keep the information carefully. Also, you will be asked to provide answer to your personally selected security questions during the registration. Purpose of this is to ensure that an unauthorized person does not gain access to your Skye Bank Internet banking platform.
After completing the form, print it out and take it to the closest branch of Skye Bank, where the form will be processed for enrollment. The bank will later send a registration notification to you within 48 hours of submitting the form at their branch. After this, you can now use the Internet banking platform for all manners of transactions.
You will need to log in using the username and the password you provided while carrying out the Skye Bank Internet banking registration. In the event you forget your password or username, you can send mail to SkyePlus+ Customer Care at email@example.com. Instead of sending mail, you can also give them a call using this number: 01-448-2100 or 08069880000. You can request for password request using this medium.
During the password reset process, you will be asked to provide answer to the security question you have chosen during your registration. This is why it is very important to keep the security question and security answer very safe and in a place where you can easily get it when circumstances call for such.
To login or get started to the Skye Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://elogin.skyebankng.com/
Stanbic IBTC Bank Internet Banking
Stanbic IBTC Holding referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa.
Stanbic IBTC Internet Banking: How to Get Started
If you have an account with Stanbic IBTC, you don’t necessarily need to visit the banking hall to transact business. Stanbic IBTC has a platform for their customers to pay bills, transfer funds and make payments through their online banking platform.
How to Register for Stanbic IBTC Internet Banking:
You have to first register to use the Stanbic Bank Internet Banking Platform. To do so, you should visit the nearest branch of Stanbic Bank closest to you. You would be handed a form to fill with your account details and preferred password. If your application is approved, you would be sent your internet banking details either through email or text message.
Download the Stanbic Mobile APP: There are two ways to use the Stanbic IBTC internet banking Platform. You could either visit the Stanbic IBTC’s internet banking website or download the Stanbic IBTC mobile APP on Android, Apple devices or JAVA enabled devices.
Start using it To Transfer or Receive Funds: When you are done setting it up, you can start to use it to transfer money or receive money from others.
You would find the Stanbic IBTC Mobile Banking platform very useful, especially on weekends and holidays when the banking halls are closed for business.
Another very convenient banking platform by Stanbic IBTC is the Stanbic IBTC mobile money platform. With this platform, you can send, receive money and make payments through text messages.
Through this platform, you can access your bank account, send money, buy tickets and make payments using your 11-digit mobile phone number. You can also make use of it to buy digital tickets, request for money and generally improve your banking experience.
To login or get started to the Stanbic IBTC Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibanking.stanbicibtcbank.com/
Sterling Bank Internet Banking
Sterling Bank Plc is a full service national commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Its shares trade under the Banking sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange with the symbol STERLNBANK. On Reuters and Bloomberg terminals, it is identified as STBP.LG and STERLNBA respectively.
The bank provides services to individuals, small businesses (SMEs) and large corporations. As of December 2015, the bank’s branch network numbered 187, distributed throughout Nigeria with total assets valued in excess of NGN:799 billion and shareholders’ equity estimated at NGN 95.6 Billion.
At Sterling Bank, customers are the most important priority and they value their feedback and concepts that is why The Sterling Bank Internet Banking Platform was initiated to further ensure customer satisfaction. They’ve ensured there are many ways to stay in touch with their esteem customer.
Sterling Bank Plc also regarded as the “One-Customer Bank” is a complete national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 many years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has changed in the nation pre-eminent investment bank with a fully-fledged commercial bank and completed a merger with 4 other banks in 2013.
The Banks are Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa within the 2006 overall consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry in which most banks in Nigeria were affected.
How to Register for Sterling Bank Internet Banking:
Step1: Click on this link https://bankonline.sterlingbankng.com/web/guest/home# to open the online banking website.
Step2: On the page, for new user you would click on the Sign Up option to proceed with registration.
Step3: On the Self Registration page, you would be prompt to enter your Sterling Bank Account Number and your phone number then submit.
Step4: An SMS would be sent to your phone for confirmation.
Step5: The next step of action would be communicated to you.
To login or get started to the Sterling Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://bankonline.sterlingbankng.com/
UBA Internet Banking
UBA’s has more than 65 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (“BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria. BFB was a subsidiary of Banque Nationale de Crédit (BNCI), Paris, which transformed its London branch into a separate subsidiary called the British and French Bank, with shares held by Banque Nationale de Crédit and two British investment firms, S.G. Warburg and Company and Robert Benson and Company. A year later, BFB opened its offices in Nigeria to break the monopoly of the two existing British owned banks in Nigeria then.
Following Nigeria’s independence from Britain, UBA was incorporated on 23, February 1961 to take over the business of BFB. UBA eventually listed its shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), in 1970 and became the first Nigerian bank to subsequently undertake an Initial Public Offering (IPO). UBA became the first sub-Saharan bank to take its banking business to North America when it opened its New York Office (USA) in 1984 to offer banking services to Africans in Diaspora.
UBA Internet Banking Service
Mobile Banking similar to your internet banking has come to stay in our world today and in the way we do our daily banking transactions.
Gone are the days where you must trek or visit the banking hall, which most times are filled with long queues to deal with before you can do your banking transactions.
I do most of my banking transactions sitting at home and crossing my legs on the sofa, just with my phone or laptop and I expect you to key in similar manner since we are now in the jet age of technological advancement.
Today, we are going to be discussing on how you can actually register and activate UBA mobile banking service for carrying out most of your banking transactions with your phone and without visiting any bank.
- You need updated version of UBA U-Mobile app; visit any of your device platform app store to download the updated version
- After download and installation, launch the app for registration and activation.
- You will be presented with 3 different alternative means to register
- Choose the first option which is Register with Account if you do not have any ATM card issued to you by UBA, then fill in the necessary requirements options as presented. You will require a token if you go with this option
- Choose the 2nd option (recommended) which is Register with Debit Card if you have any ATM card (Verve, MasterCard or VISA) issued to you by UBA. After selecting this option, key in other required details like card type and the card details, choose password, activation code will be sent to your phone number, use it to activate your account registration.
- The third option is to Register with prepaid card; choose this option if you do not have a direct debit card but you have a prepaid card issued to you by UBA
Hurray! You have just succeeded in registering for UBA mobile banking services.
Remember you can check account balance, pay whole lot of varieties of bills, top up airtime on your MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat and Visafone , transfer money to other UBA bank accounts and other banks not UBA, you can also view a mini statement of your last 5 transactions with the UBA mobile banking service.
To login or get started to the UBA Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.ubagroup.com/
Union Bank Internet Banking
Union Bank is a commercial bank, serving individuals, small and medium-sized companies, as well as large corporations and organizations.
In July 2009, it was ranked the 556th largest bank in the world and the 14th largest bank in Africa. As of June 2012, the bank’s asset base was estimated at US$6.784 billion (NGN:1.049 trillion). The shareholders’ equity at the same time was estimated at US$1.22 billion (NGN:188.4 billion).
Union bank is one of the top banks in Nigeria with a long history behind it. In order to start having access to your Union bank account via internet banking, you need to apply for the service and you’d be given an online account through which you can manage your account via internet banking.
Union Bank Internet Banking Service
To start using internet banking, you just need to do these 2 things:
– Apply for the internet service
– Go online and activate your account
Applying for Union Bank internet service
– Visit the nearest branch and request for online banking at the customer service desk.
– You will be given a request form to fill.
– Fill the form with the required details, including your name, address, mobile phone number, email and signature
– Set a limit on your internet transfers e.g. N500,000
– You’d also include your desired username for the account
– Submit the form to customer service desk and wait for it to be processed
– Within a few minutes after processing, you will receive an sms alert on your phone containing your default password
– You are through with your application
How to Activate Your Union Bank Internet Banking.
– Go to the Union bank Nigeria official website at https://www.unionbankng.com/
– Click on internet banking login
– Enter the username you chose
– Enter the default password send to your phone
– Click on the button to generate your activation code and receive it on your phone
– Enter your default password(using online keyboard)
– Enter the numeric activation code
– Enter your new password
– Re-enter your new password
– Click on the change password button
+ You’ll get a reply that password has been changed successfully
– Choose your token delivery options (email/sms or both)
– Create a security word for authorizing your transfers
Features of Union Bank Internet Banking
– View your account balance
– View a statement of transaction on your account
– Do intra-bank transfers
– Do inter bank transfers
– Do international fx transfers
– View your linked debit card transactions
The internet banking service by Union bank is a free service and you are entitled to one as long as you have an account with the bank.
To login or get started to the Union Bank Internet Banking Platform visit https://uniononline.unionbankng.com/OnlineBanking/
Wema Bank Internet Banking
Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
Incorporated in 1945 as a Private Limited Liability Company (under the old name of Agbonmagbe Bank Limited) and commencing banking operations in Nigeria the same year, Wema Bank later transformed into a Public Limited Company (PLC) in April 1987 and was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in January 1990. On February 5, 2001, Wema Bank Plc was granted a universal banking licence by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), thereby allowing the Bank provide the Nigerian public with diverse financial and business services.
However, in 2009, the Bank initiated a strategic repositioning exercise spearheaded by a new management team that has seen its profile rise considerably which finally culminated into its taking a sound strategic decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional Scope in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja in 2011.
In 2015, the bank returned to being a national bank.
Wema Bank Internet Banking Service
- Get real-time access to your account from any internet-enabled computer or device with WemaOnline and conduct transactions on-the-go. It is fast, secure and convenient.
- Balance and transaction enquiries
- Funds transfer (intrabank and interbank)
- Bills payment (DSTV, HiTV, PHCN, My TV, Startimes, etc.) Airtime recharge (MTN, Zain, Glo, Etisalat, Starcomms, etc.)
- Mini statement and full statement in various formats (PDF, Excel, Word)
- Cheque request.
- International remittance (Western Union, Moneygram, etc.)
How to Register for Wema Bank Internet Banking
Customer can register online by filling the online form, sign and submit to the nearest branch for profiling.
N200,000 for savings account
N1,000,0000 for Current
N2,000,000 for Corporate
To login or get started to the UBA Internet Banking Platform visit https://wemaonline.wemabank.com/
Zenith Bank Internet Banking
Zenith Bank Plc a commercial bank which was established in May 1990 by Jim Ovia, the bank commenced operations in July of the same year. The Bank rose to become a public limited company on June 17, 2004 and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on October 21, 2004 following a highly successful Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Zenith Bank Plc currently has a shareholder base of a little over one million and is Nigeria’s largest bank by tier-1 capital. In 2013, the Bank listed $850 million worth of its shares at $6.80 each on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
With its Headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria, Zenith Bank Plc has over 500 branches and business offices in key commercial centres in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
In March 2007, Zenith Bank was licensed by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of the United Kingdom to establish Zenith Bank (UK) Limited as the United Kingdom branch of Zenith Bank Plc. Zenith Bank also has branches in: Ghana, Zenith Bank (Ghana) Limited; Sierra Leone, Zenith Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited; Gambia, Zenith Bank (Gambia) Limited.
The Zenith bank internet/mobile banking service provides a 24/7 platform for zenith bank customers to carry out their banking activities in a convenient and secured way. The Internet banking platform for zenith bank helps in reducing the stress associated with banking operations thereby increases productivity of the customers as well as the bank by using the best applicable practices.
Features of Zenith Bank Internet Banking Service
Zenith Bank online banking can be used for many banking operations that would normally be carried out in the banking hall of your nearest branch it.
Some of these includes:
– Fund transfer and bill payment. – Check your account balance.
– Check your account statement.
– view and download your transaction history.
To login or get started to the UBA Internet Banking Platform visit https://ibank.zenithbank.com/